Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It is an amazing feeling when your life finally changes. Not one of those, “I just met the most amazing person...” or, “I just won $1 million dollars!” kind of 'changes,' but a profound change which rearranges everything in your world. I have come to realize that I have slowly burned, and subsequently watched burn, everything that mattered to me, and everything that was important and good in my life. But instead of trying to run foolishly into the fire and save what I can, I gladly watch it smolder, so that from the ashes it might be born anew, that I might be born anew, and that I might rebuilt all that was lost, all that I threw away, and that I may be what I was meant to be. So much more than I ever thought I would, but exactly what everyone thought I would be.

I only hope I will make them proud. And I'll do whatever it takes. Even if it kills me.

No comments: